First thing I picked up was a 16cm hemisphere cake tin. I have no idea what I'm going to make with this yet but I'm sure it will be a useful addition to my bakeware collection.
And this Norwegian Kransekake set of cake tins. This is not something I've ever tried before but I've seen quite a few pictures of it now and it looks amazing. Need to find an excuse for a celebration and a party to make it though.
I think did quite well for baking/foodie gifts this year, talking about my blog to my family and friends constantly has obviously paid off!
Finally at the end of this rather long post are a couple of New Years Resolutions/things I want to try and do this year. I don't normally make them but these are all food related so I thought I'd share them.
- Have a go at making sourdough bread from my own starter. If anyone has any tips on this please share as I haven't even begun to look into it properly yet.
- Actually use the recipes in my ever expanding collection of books and magazines and share some of the results here. I'm going to try and make at least one thing a week.
- Make macarons for the first time, again any tips greatly appreciated.
- Write up some of my mid week meal recipes. I cook from scratch nearly every night or reheat leftovers from the previous day and I feel like sharing some of those dishes with you.
- Make some progress with my baking to do list as it has been a bit neglected lately